Making knowledge and information accessible to faculty, students, staff, alumni and researchers in addition to providing high-quality services are the top priorities of the library. Alumni are also welcome to visit the library. The library provides in-depth resources for research and study.
To be the heart of the University of Dubai’s academic and research culture, and consequently to contribute to the intellectual activities of the University.
- To be an integral part of the educational process with focus on meeting the diverse information needs of its academic community by utilizing the best possible resources and latest information technologies.
- To maintain a strong and unique collection that satisfies faculty, students and researchers.
- To provide an environment conducive to educational and research needs that facilitates access to scholarly resources.
- To disseminate up-to-date information and research tools to enrich students’ learning experience, encourage exploration and research at all levels.
- Increase accessibility to the library’s collections and services.
- Provide enhanced collection and services to facilitate the use of learning resources and the pursuit of knowledge.
- Employ and retain competent and qualified professional and support staff for the successful implementation and maintenance of library operations.
- Develop and maintain adequate facilities that are conducive to study and research, and foster a sense of academic community.
- Ensure sustainability of library operations through ongoing analysis, planning, assessment and budgeting.