Academic Institutional Effectiveness / Quality Assurance AnalystExpected Duties: The successful candidate is expected to:
- Assist the Manager of Institutional Effectiveness in overseeing the academic quality within the University.
- Provide advice and assistance to the academic staff on quality-related issues, when needed.
- Support the office of IE and academic heads in the accreditation efforts
- Help implement the University’s quality assurance policies and procedures
- Collect, store and report institutional data, to support decision making.
- Contribute to the development of related analytical studies and reports
- Prepare and analyze related surveys
- Collect, analyze and report data related to KPI’s
- Maintain regular follow- ups on ongoing projects with the relevant units.
- Perform other related duties as expected.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Good research skills and attention to details
- Good analytical skills
- Very good communication skills; orally and in writing, in English
- Ability to clearly express and organize ideas effectively.
- Familiarity with common institutional research terminology, definitions and modes of practice
- Ability to work accurately on the assigned projects while adhering to the relevant deadlines
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a good team-work skills
- Ability to work under pressure with simultaneous multiple deadlines
- Ability to learn new techniques and skills
- Familiarity with academic environments and UAE’s CAA standards would be an advantage
- Familiarity with a student information system and ERP’s would be an advantage
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as, but not limited to, Statistics, finance, operations, math, economics, or other related quantitative degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in quality assurance / institutional effectiveness, preferably within an academic environment.
Contact: If interested, please send an email along with your CV to rmoean @ud.ac.ae
Teaching Assistant in Electrical Engineering
The College of Engineering and Information Technology invites applications for the position of a Teaching Assistant in the Department of Electrical Engineering, for commencement of employment in August 2017.
The candidate should have a Master degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering with experience at a reputable University. Hardware experience is a must. Software experience in Matlab, LabView, C Programming are desirable. A candidate with research publications is preferable.
The main job responsibilities of the TA are to:
- Teach and supervise laboratory-based courses and maintain equipment for such labs.
- Maintain laboratories and current software and hardware inventories.
- Actively participate in the development of experiments for laboratory-based courses.
- Develop teaching material under faculty supervision.
- Provide support for students’ projects.
- Assist in preparing course files.
- Provide support to the department by helping in budget preparation for laboratory equipment and consumables.
- Assist in research projects.
- Assist the departments in preparations for open days, alumni events, exhibitions, and student competitions.
- Perform other duties assigned by the head of department.
University of Dubai is a fast growing institution of higher education with a wide range of academic, research and training programs in Engineering and Information Technology, Business and Law. The University of Dubai is part of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry and its academic degree programs are recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
Candidates must send an up-to-date CV to the following address:
Eden Lopez Compahinay
College of Engineering and IT
Public Relations - Marketing Department
The employee in this position will develop and maintain a proactive media relations program, dispensing newsworthy information to the media, UD community and to the public. Works with coworkers, faculty, staff, alumni, students, external media and other contacts to advance the visibility and goals of the university and disseminates pertinent news regarding UD’s history, stories, programs, special events and general information. The media relations manager scouts and researches story ideas, develops relationships with journalists and member of the UD community and places stories and commentary to ensure that the university’s key messages reach intended publics and oversees systems to assure organized, reliable media relations function.
- Works closely with the Director, Media & Marketing Communications to develop story concepts and writes compelling press releases, public service announcements and media advisories to place in local, regional and national news media; plans and executes a hometown publicity program.
- Works extensively with other campus departments to garner newsworthy public relations stories; cultivates relationships with faculty, staff and students as sources for news and feature stories.
- Collects, compiles and maintains media contacts list/database.
- Sends media kits, press releases and pitch stories to appropriate media outlets.
- Communicates promptly and effectively to requests for response, research, quotes, photos, interviews and information from media contacts; gathers answers through communication with colleagues, usage of historical/archival material, student contact or outside sources.
- Writes and edits material for news media, college publications, the website and other audiences; ensures photographic coverage for publicity and publications and assists in advertising creation and placement.
- Collects, compiles and maintains media clip archive; responsible for monitoring all press clippings and information sources for UD-related stories.
- Collects, compiles and disseminates the master university calendar of events and website calendar to internal and external audiences.
- Works with the Director, Media & Marketing Communications to assist in the development of marketing and advertising plans for on-campus programs through media buying and placement.
- Assists Director, Media & Marketing Communications in annual planning and budgeting and operates within approved budget.
- Assists the offices of event planning, alumni relations and development with special events.
- Develops and maintains current faculty expert list, publishes to the website and promotes to the media.
Position Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the field of public relations, community relations or professional writing required.
- Very strong writing skills and superior interpersonal communication skills needed.
- Mastery of rules of grammar is essential.
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask and work within deadlines.
Position Desired Skills
- Highly computer literate – extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Office, familiar with internet-based research, graphics programs and scanner software
- Previous experience in Higher Education
Interested candidate should email his/her CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest October 2nd 2016.
Associate/Full Professors, College of Business Administration (CBA)
University of Dubai is a fast growing institution of higher education with a wide range of academic, research and training programs in Business and Information Technology. The University of Dubai is part of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry and its academic degree programs are recognized by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. The programs at the CBA were recently re-accredited by AACSB International.
The CBA is looking for Associate and Full Professors, and invites interested applicants for commencement of employment in Summer/Fall 2016. A candidate must possess a Ph.D. degree from AACSB/EFMD accredited universities in the following areas:
Management and Accounting
A significant record that combines teaching experience with a research and scholarship record that warrants appointment as an Associate or Full Professor are required. Experience of 5 + years in managerial capacity in relevant industry is preferred.
A candidate must also have at least 3-4 publications in appropriate refereed international journals in English in the last five years.
Candidates are also expected to have effective oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary collegial environment. Application review will begin immediately. Distinguished Professors from AACSB/EQUIS accredited universities can also apply for 1 year stint at UD if they are planning sabbatical.
UD offers a very competitive package for successful candidates, including housing and education allowances, end-of-service benefits, annual tickets for self and family, and private medical health and life insurance. Candidates must send an up-to-date CV in the attached template and the names and addresses and three letters of recommendation to the following address. Only eligible candidates will be contacted
Dr. Mohamed Osman
Director of Graduate Program ( PhD & MBA)
College of Business Administration
University Of Dubai
P.O. Box 14143, Dubai, UAE
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainer/Industry Practitioners - Centre for Executive Development (CED)
The Centre for Executive Development (CED) at University of Dubai is in search for Professional trainers/industry practitioners in the field of Management, Accounting, Finance & Banking, Soft Skills, Leadership & Human Resource Management, Sales & Marketing, Procurement & Supply, etc.
Candidate should be a holder of Ph.D./Master's degree from an accredited university in the concerned field and have at least ten years of relevant industry experience. Preference will be given to professionals who have passed professional examinations in their area of expertise such as CPA, CMA, CFA, PHRM, SPHRM, CIM, CIPS, FCIPS / MCIPS, etc.
Send your CV to:
Email : email@example.com
Center for Executive Development