Become a Mentor
Through the Alumni-Student Mentoring Program, current UD students are paired with alumni in order to establish a mutually beneficial relationship. Alumni mentors and students mentees will meet on a monthly basis throughout the year, and areas of focus may include personal development, career development, emotional or academic support. Alumni are asked to provide support, feedback and advice to their mentee, while maintaining a professional relationship.
If you are interested in becoming an Alumni Mentor, please complete the following application form.
What Alumni can do for UD and its students?
The knowledge and expertise of UD’s alumni are tremendous assets that can benefit the University. The following are some areas where alumni can volunteer:
- Recruitment: Help UD recruit candidates by attending school and company visits and education exhibitions with the recruitment team and talk to prospective students from the business community who may be interested in earning a Master degree.
- Participation in the Orientation Day: Attend the new students’ orientation day (Bidayaat) and answer their queries about UD and its rograms.
- Contribution to the Planning for University and Career Success (PUCS): Participate in the PUCS course by giving lectures general career topics or your field of expertise.
- Be involved in Alumni Speaker Week: Alumni who are interested in speaking, hosting or conducting a workshop should inform the alumni coordinator.
- Join the Alumni-Student Mentoring Program (ASMP): Students are paired with alumni to explore career interests and engage in mutually beneficial, professionally-oriented relationships. Similar career goals, shared interests, or common academic backgrounds provide the foundation for the mentor/mentee relationship.
- Internship/Job Placement: Provide UD students with an internship opportunity or assist new graduates in finding jobs at your organization or business.
- Sponsorship: Help enrich the UD experience for current students by encouraging your company to sponsor UD events and activities.
Join Our Speakers Guild
Are you an expert in a particular subject? Do you have information you would like to share with your fellow alums? Join our Alumni Speakers Guild! Alumni with information to share are asked to contact UD and so that we can schedule an event to showcase your expertise. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Provide a Job or Internship Opportunity
Are you in a position to offer an internship or job opportunity to a fellow alum or a current UD student? If so, please contact the Internship and Career Development Center (email@example.com).
Sponsor an Event
If you, or your company, are interested in providing sponsorship for an alumni related event please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorship may be in the form of cash, gifts-in-kind, services-in-kind or even the donation of an event venue.
Our previous sponsors and supporters have included:
If you are interested in volunteering for the UD Office of Alumni Relations or with the UDAA, but you are not sure where you fit in or when you can help out, please send email to email@example.com to express your interest. We will place your name in our volunteer registry and contact you when help is needed.