This course reviews classical and contemporary theories of social change—why and how organizations and societies change over time.
- Learn how different thinkers have explained the phenomenon of social change over time
- Understand the assumptions that each explanation requires
- Reflect on one’s own explanation(s) of social change
- Be able to explain social change using the different theories reviewed
- Apply the appropriate explanations to historical and contemporary social change
- Create alternative scenarios for contemporary social changes using different explanations and their associated assumptions
Government and Private Sector Employees and Management