Call For Papers
Dubai Business School, University of Dubai, proudly announces the 7th International Conference on Advances in Business (ICAB), following the resounding success of its previous six editions held between 2017 and 2022. With an extensive reach that attracted participants from diverse countries, ICAB has established itself as a premier platform for the exchange of cutting-edge knowledge and ideas in the field.
Who should attend?
We cordially invite academics, PhD students, and professionals to join us at this esteemed conference, which promises to be a dynamic and intellectually stimulating event. Whether you are a seasoned academic, a passionate PhD student, or an accomplished professional, we welcome your valuable contributions in the form of paper presentations or active participation in our vibrant discussion forums.
What to expect?
ICAB’s comprehensive program will feature an array of enriching activities, including captivating keynote speeches, presentations of high-quality research papers, a PhD consortium, and invigorating discussion panels centered on the social sciences. This conference serves as an unparalleled opportunity for researchers and experts in the field of business to showcase their latest findings, engage in scholarly debates, and network with peers from around the world. At ICAB, we prioritize the dissemination of groundbreaking research, innovative theories, and pragmatic insights that drive progress in the business landscape. This conference offers a supportive and inclusive environment for interdisciplinary collaboration, enabling participants to explore emerging trends, address contemporary challenges, and unlock new possibilities in various domains of business studies.
- Management, Entrepreneurship, and Human Resources
- Finance, Fintech, Banking, Accounting, and Insurance
- Marketing, E-Commerce, Digital Transformation, Digital Marketing and Tourism
- Logistics, Supply Chain, and Customs Management
- Business Ethics and Environment & Responsibility
Scholars in other disciplines offering new perspectives on the conference theme are also invited to participate.
Proposals for special sessions, roundtables, and panel discussions are welcome and should be sent directly to the
Conference Chair, Dr Rahim Hussain: email@example.com
(Paper/Extended Abstract) submission deadline: 31st of October 2023
Notification of acceptance: Within 1 weeks of the submission
Registration deadline: 7 Nov 2023
Conference date: 7-8 December 2023
Best Paper Awards
The best papers will be awarded in the following areas:
- Best paper award
- Best PhD. scholar paper award
- Only the authors of full papers submitted to the conference will be considered for the award.
- Certificates will be provided to winners.
H.E. Dr. Abdullah Al Nuaimi
Is an Emirati engineer and politician. He was the minister of infrastructure development from 2013 to 2020 and the minister of climate change and environment between 2020 and 2021. Dr. Nuaimi holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, which he obtained from University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1980. He received a PhD in engineering project management from the University of Reading in 1990.
Dr. Nuaimi is an engineer by profession. He served as a distribution manager at the ministry of water and electricity. Then he worked at the civil aviation authority as engineering manager where he improvement the Abu Dhabi International Airport and its extensions. He was also a visiting professor at the Higher College of Technology in Dubai. He served as undersecretary at the ministry of public works until March 2013. In a reshuffle on 12 March 2013, he was appointed minister of public works to the cabinet led by Prime Minister Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, replacing Hamdan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan in the post. Dr. Nuaimi is also the director of Etihad Rail and national transport authority. He is a board member of the following: Union Railway Company, Federal Electricity and Water Authority and the Tennis Emirates .He was announced as the new minister of climate change and environment on 5 July 2020.
Dr. James Piecowye
James Piecowye is Dean and Associate Professor in the College of Communication and Media Sciences, Zayed University, UAE where he has been a faculty member since 2000.
Before joining Zayed University Piecowye was an assistant editor at St. Remy Multimedia where he worked on the revision of the Time-Life Home Repair and Improvement book series. Since joining Zayed University Piecowye has worked tirelessly to link his academic activities and practice. For 3 years Piecowye was a contributor to the now defunct tabloid 7Days. For 11 years Piecowye was the host of Nightline a nightly talk show on DubaiEye 103.8FM. Piecowye was also the co-curator of the 1st TEDxDubai and brought TEDx to Zayed University and Abu Dhabi University. In 2014 Piecowye brought CreativeMornings, the breakfast lecture series to Dubai and the monthly community event continues to be thriving with over 65 events having been held to date. More recently Piecowye has spearheaded the creation of the PODAHOLIKS podcasting network and his own project THEJAMESCAST. Piecowye has been published in the SAGE International Encyclopedia of Mass Media and Society and Journalism Studies. Piecowye’s research interests are firmly rooted in understanding the creator/consumer dialectic in podcasting as well as what metrics mean in a new media environment.
- Dr. Rahim Hussain, University of Dubai, UAE
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu, Politehnica University of Timisoara, Romania
- Ilan Alon, University of Adger, Norway
- Laura Andreu, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Kabir Hassan, University of New Orleans, United States
- Yuexiang Jiang, Zhejiang University, China
- Andreas Karathanasopoulos, University of Dubai, UAE
- Renatas Kizys, University of Southampton, UK
- Adam Zaremba, University of Dubai, UAE
- Sabri Boubaker, EM Normandie, France
- George Stevens, Kent State University, USA
- Davide La Torre, SKEMA Business School, France
- Mehmet Umutlu, Yasar University, Turkey
- Marco Vivarelli, UniversitàCattolica del SacroCuore, Italy
- WashikavHaak-Saheem, University of Reading, UK
- Robert Vivian, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- M Muzamil Naqshbandi, University of Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam
- MałgorzatavOlszak, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Isaac Otchere, Carleton University, Canada Ananth Rao, University of Dubai, UAE
- Spyros Spyrou, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Christo Auret, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Rober Bianchi, Griffith University, Australia
- Herbert J. Davis, George Washington University, USA
- Dr. Rahim Hussein (Chair)
- Prof. Andreas Karathanasopoulos
- Prof Skander Slim
- Dr. Arij Lahmar
- Dr. Areej Siddiqui
- Dr. Mohammed Chakib Kolsi
- Dr. Mohamed Behery
- Dr. Noela Michael
- Dr. Michael Appiah
- Registration and payment deadline: 26 Oct, 2023
Conference presenter: 300 USD
- Conference attendant: 200 USD
- consortium presenter: 200 USD
- consortium attendant: 200 USD
Note: All fees include 5% VAT
- Registration fee has to be paid per participant per paper.
- If a paper has two or more participants and only one participant would like to participate, only one registration fee applies.
- If a paper has two or more participants and more than one participant would like to participate, each participant has to pay the fee.
- If a participant has more than one paper, the registration fee has to be paid for every additional paper.
- The number of submitted abstracts/papers per participant is limited to three.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
How to Submit
How to Submit: Please submit your full papers or extended abstracts by October 7, 2023, using the convenient EasyChair platform. To submit, kindly click the “Submit a Paper” button below or follow this link:
Submit a Paper: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=7thicabl
We accept papers in either Word or PDF format. For those submitting extended abstracts, we provide a template accessible here: [click here]. Please ensure that your extended abstract consists of a minimum of 1000 words.
Rest assured, all submissions will undergo a thorough review process by our esteemed panel of experts. Authors whose full papers or extended abstracts are accepted will have the opportunity to present their work at the conference, amplifying their research to a global audience.Upon acceptance, authors will receive a Letter of Acceptance, affirming that their research paper has been included in the conference program. We kindly request that you keep an eye on your email, as you will receive the notification of acceptance within one week of submission.
For any further inquiries or clarifications, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We greatly appreciate your valuable contributions and look forward to your active participation at the conference.
All abstracts of papers, accepted for the conference, will be published in the book of abstracts. Following the conference, the authors could submit their papers for consideration in the below affiliated journals:
- International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management [ABS, ABDC, SCOPUS, WoS]
- Sustainability [WoS]
- Romanian Journal of Economic Forecasting [WoS, SCOPUS]
- Journal of Research in Emerging Markets
- International Journal of Financial Studies [ABDC, SCOPUS]
Papers for the above journals will be reviewed following their journal’s normal review criteria. Please note that the acceptance of a paper to the conference is not a guarantee of publication, and only a limited number of outstanding papers will be considered for publication upon submission by the authors to the journals.
check our previous conference photos
Venue and Hotel Reservation
Participants could make hotel reservation of their own choice.
The below hotel by Hilton will provide reservation to the conference’s participants on a subsidize rate (i.e., 15% discount).
Hotel name: Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef
Booking link: Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef
Corporate Code#: (N3375546)
Location: Google map
The 7th International Conference on Advances in Business (ICAB) will be held by the Dubai Business School on-campus, University of Dubai – Conference Hall.
- University of Dubai
- Academic city, Emirates road,Dubai - UAE
- P. O. Box: 14143
- 800UOD (863)