- Assist the Director of the College in the development and implementation of teaching plans and programs that align with the institution's academic goals.
- Coordinate with faculty members to develop and maintain course schedules, syllabi, and other teaching materials.
- Manage and organize course evaluations and feedback from students, faculty, and staff.
- Prepare and maintain records of course schedules, faculty teaching loads, and other administrative tasks related to teaching.
- Collaborate with other departments and staff to ensure that teaching resources, such as textbooks and materials, are available to students and faculty members.
- Coordinate with the registrar's office to ensure the timely processing of academic records, grades, and student enrollments.
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff regarding teaching-related matters in a professional and highly organized manner.
- Prepare reports and presentations on teaching-related matters for the Director and other stakeholders as required.
- Keep up-to-date with trends and developments in higher education teaching and learning.
- Manage the Director's schedule, including organizing appointments, meetings, and events.
- Prepare materials for meetings and ensure that all attendees have the necessary documents and information.
- Take minutes during meetings and circulate them to all attendees.
- Respond to inquiries and requests on behalf of the Director in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Job Description: The Teaching Admin is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of the College in a higher education institution. They will be responsible for ensuring the smoo...
Under supervision of the Internship & Career Development Center and Alumni Relations Office Manager, the Internship Executive position uses independent analysis and judgment to develop, coordinate, and supervise complex and varied administrative tasks in order to implement successful placement for the University of Dubai (UD) interns. The position encompasses two distinct areas of responsibility: Internship development and coordination, employer relations and student/academic department relations.
The Internship Executive will work collaboratively with employers, the alumni personnel, Registration Department, colleges and other UD departments.
Key Job Elements
At the onset, Internship Executive will complete all logistics arrangements for the Internship Program at least 3 months prior to the start of Internship. The following are the duties and responsibilities of the ICDC Executive:
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a viable internship program.
- nitiate and build partnerships with employers to develop student opportunities for experiential endeavors nationally and internationally through verbal and written communications.
- Oversee the registration process for internship program and Industry Project course.
- Make initial screening for job descriptions, internship proposals and training plans before forward to faculty superiors.
- Work collaboratively with colleges and university departments to review internship policies and procedures for ensuring the academic quality and integrity of internships
- Ensure that all students, faculty supervisors and employers’ concerns regarding the internship program are addressed in an efficient manner.
- Create internship material and publications (PowerPoint presentations, Newsletter, flyers, etc.).
- Co-review and update as needed internship manuals and promotional materials.
- Research appropriate websites and resources to enhance internship processes and supervision mechanism.
- Visit internship providers with faculty members from the colleges (if required) to assess the training programs available as well as the potential of these organizations in term of their profile, structure, size, staff and resources, reputation, and market standing.
- Determine what incoming information via mail needs to be communicated to the college; Independently drafts correspondence.
- Plan and co-conduct internship workshops and information programs.
- Assess the effectiveness of internship programs.
- Prepare and submit report about internship placement to the Internship Manager after each semester
- Maintain internship placement database for purposes of tracking and reporting.
- Update Internship providers’ database on a regular basis.
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to position
Other Activities of Internship and Career Placement
- Provide assistance to students with career planning, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing techniques, job search strategies and job negotiation, etc.
- Counsel and advise students regarding employment opportunities through various employers.
- Co-organize career events and activities (Open days, face to face and virtual job fairs, employers’ award ceremony, etc.)
- Co-build and maintain the network of career speakers.
- Coordinate career-related workshops, webinars, and networking events to meet the needs of UD students, and alumni.
- Attend requests of possible employers seeking to hire students and graduates.
- Assist with the maintenance of the online jobs database and circulate employment opportunities among students/ alumni.
- Assist in compiling and providing data that is compliant with all federal and programmatic accreditation requirements including, but not limited to recruitment activities, career employment reports, academic areas represented in placements, salary scales, job market research reports, etc.
- Use and maintain technology applications within the department, including, but not limited to web-based products and services, employer and student online services i.e., , Career Assessment software, ICDC LinkedIn, to connect students to alumni and job seekers to employers.
- Assist in compiling, editing, and distributing Graduates’ Resume Book to prospective employers.
Position Requirements Knowledge of Career and occupational resources, trends, and opportunities.
- Bachelor Degree in Career Counseling, Human Resources, psychology, business management, or other related major.
- Minimum two years’ work experience with a recruitment firm or in a university.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively with human resources staff and other company professionals.
- Strong communication. The position involves producing extensive communication with industry HR professionals.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Exemplary work attitude and patience.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
Summary Position Under supervision of the Internship & Career Development Center and Alumni Relations Office Manager, the Internship Executive position uses independent analysis and judgment to de...
The College of Engineering and Information Technology at the University of Dubai is seeking an Associate Professor/Assistant Professor with a PhD in Electrical Engineering, preferably specialized in r...
The College of Engineering and Information Technology at the University of Dubai is seeking an Associate Professor/Assistant Professor with a PhD in Cyber Security and a strong background in teaching ...
The College of Engineering and Information Technology invites applications for the position of an Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, for commencemen...
Summary | Function:Conceptualizes, designs, illustrates and produces in-house graphic and motion graphic design materials, including but not limited to:
- Print advertising (newspaper ads, circulars, flyers and direct mail pieces),
- Logo and new collateral development
- Corporate support materials (product packaging, informational brochures, university communications and special projects).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops concepts for and designs all UD’s collateral materials, including, ads, newsletters, flyers, invitations, catalogs, brochures, posters,…etc.
- Ensures established UD brand guidelines, company goals and objectives are met on every project
- Meets all deadlines set by the Director, Media & Marketing Communications
- Create the Website banners, ads and other online publications
- Design e-Newsletter layout
- Stay within budget for all pieces
- Manages and maintain graphic files, including UD logos, photos and art, as well as sponsor logos
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with marketing team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects
- Assists Marketing team with brainstorming, marketing and advertising strategies
- Works with UD staff to generate information and approvals for materials
- Maintains collateral archives
- Assists with special events set up and breakdown as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile,
- Creating and delivering motion graphics for various media
- Experience quoting and managing print jobs, as well as working with printers
- Macintosh knowledge, good working knowledge of Quark Express, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and experience with Microsoft Office
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or similar discipline
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- 5+ years experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver,
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Staying up to date on the latest graphic design techniques
- Strong technical skills and proven ability to use a variety of software (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, 2D/3D animation, and INSERT PROGRAMS HERE)
Job Title: Executive- Graphic Designer Department: Media & Marketing Communications Supervisor: Manager, Media & Marketing Communications Summary | Function: Conceptualizes, designs, illustrat...
- Business Management (Business Analytics, Strategy, OB, HRM, Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- Global Supply Chain
- Digital Marketing
- Doctorate degree or PhD from an Accredited Institution at the time of appointment
- A demonstrated record of research publication and teaching excellence in the relevant field.
- Practical experience in the relevant field will be an advantage
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- ability to involve and engage students in teaching where the course’s objectives, content and assessment situations are closely interlinked
- experience and/or interest in the development of varied learning methods and digital tools in teaching
- research results published in recognized publications, and references indicating progression in research and publications
- ability to initiate, obtain external funding for, lead and carry out research and development projects experience of partnerships with businesses relevant to the subject area
- contributed to the use of research-based knowledge in society and that you can refer to results from innovation and the commercialization of research
- demonstrated the ability to build and preserve professional networks – nationally, regionally, and internationally
- motivation to contribute to the development of academic and interdisciplinary collaboration at the university
- good teamwork and communication skills, and ability to contribute to a constructive working environment
- The successful candidate will enjoy interaction with a professional and dynamic team
- Dubai Business Schools offers a competitive compensation package
- Interested candidates Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching and research philosophy
- Contact information of 3 references
Dubai Business School at the University of Dubai invites qualified applicants for the positions of Assistant/Associate or Full Professor in the following disciplines to begin in Fall/ Spring 2023: ...
|Job Title:||Full time-Associate Professor in Law|
|Commencement Date:||Sep 2022|
|Closing Date:||Until Filled|
|Department:||College of Law|
|Major/ Specialization:||PhD in Law|
|Job Summary||A Full-time faculty position in law is open for recruitment to candidates who can teach in Undergraduate and Graduate programs. The faculty would be expected to teach various law courses including but not limited to law of contract, law of tort, criminal law, and constitutional law.|
Job Title: Full time-Associate Professor in Law Commencement Date: Sep 2022 Closing Date: Until Filled Department: College of Law Major/ Specialization: PhD in Law Job Summary A Full-time faculty posi...
A Full-time faculty position in the area of Financial Crime Law is open for recruitment to candidates who can teach in Graduate and Under Graduate programs. The faculty would be expected to teach Bribery & Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Competition Law, Corporate Governance, Compliance & Assurance, Corporate Law, and provide thesis supervision.
- Develop and deliver courses to students in specified discipline areas of study, considering and aiming to achieve the three fundamental standards of the University, those are: Teaching, Research and Services.
- Must be able to provide instruction at various courses and levels within the program areas
- Evaluate and monitor individual student progress and provide feedback to sustain student success.
- Research, organize and manage instructional resources, courses outlines, and community networks.
- Actively seek out methods, procedures and resources to best achieve course objectives.
- Support and participate in accreditation initiatives.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- PhD Degree in the teaching discipline or directly related to the field of instruction specified.
- Have a minimum of five years teaching experience
- The candidate is engaged in ongoing, and substantive academic activities such as scholarly research and other scholarly activities
- Graduate of reputable universities
- Candidates must master the English language both orally and in writing and demonstrate the ability to teach the above courses in English. Excellent command of Arabic language is an advantage.
- Advanced use of technology in the education process (delivering classes via presentations, using e-learning systems, reports).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly mention the position & job reference in the subject field when applying.
- Please send your CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Full-time faculty position in the area of Financial Crime Law is open for recruitment to candidates who can teach in Graduate and Under Graduate programs. The faculty would be expected to teach Brib...
The College of Law, University of Dubai, is currently seeking applicants for the Adjunct/Part-time Faculty positions to teach Pre-LLM (foundation) courses in the LLM graduate program.
Suitable candidates must have a PhD Degree in Law from a reputable university and possess teaching experience. The part-time faculty would be expected to teach the following courses:
Criminal Law, Criminal Procedures Law, Civil Law, Civil Procedures Law, and Business Law.
Candidates must master the English language and are also expected to have effective oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary collegial environment. Excellent command of Arabic language is an advantage.
Candidates must send an up-to-date CV to the following email address: email@example.com.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates must be based in the UAE with valid visa.
The College of Law, University of Dubai, is currently seeking applicants for the Adjunct/Part-time Faculty positions to teach Pre-LLM (foundation) courses in the LLM graduate program. Suitable candida...
The Centre for Executive Development (CED) at University of Dubai is in search for Professional trainers/industry practitioners in the field of Management, Accounting, Finance & Banking, Soft Skills, Leadership & Human Resource Management, Sales & Marketing, Procurement & Supply, etc.
Candidate should be a holder of Ph.D./Master’s degree from an accredited university in the concerned field and have at least ten years of relevant industry experience. Preference will be given to professionals who have passed professional examinations in their area of expertise such as CPA, CMA, CFA, PHRM, SPHRM, CIM, CIPS, FCIPS / MCIPS, etc.
Send your CV to:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Executive Development
The Centre for Executive Development (CED) at University of Dubai is in search for Professional trainers/industry practitioners in the field of Management, Accounting, Finance & Banking, Soft Skil...