Internship & Career CenterOctober 5, 2021 2022-06-14 8:10
Internship & Career Center
Internship is the most valuable way to integrate the academic environment with real-life practice through applied project work
The University of Dubai (UD) considers one of the most important channels bringing together the College, the students, and the job market.
Offer quality career services and resources to meet our stakeholders’ ever changing needs.
- Serve as a link between student, alumni and employers
- Effectively assist students and alumni in preparing for lifelong career development.
- Provide support and services for employers to recruit UD talents in the most effective way.
- Quality: Commitment to excellence in services.
- Fairness: Equitable treatment and equal access to opportunities for all stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Teamwork within ICDC and collaboration with other departments and external entities, resulting in synergy.
- Develop /sustain relationships with employers for the purpose of securing internships and full time employment opportunities for students and graduates.
- Provide information about the world of work that will assist students and graduates in making long-range educational and career plans and obtain suitable jobs.
- Deliver high quality career and job search programs, resources and events.
- Build extensive network for all UD stakeholders.
What is career development?
Career development is the process of self-knowledge, exploration, and decision-making that shapes your career. It requires successfully navigating your occupational options to choose and train for jobs that suit your personality, skills, and interests.
When someone pays careful attention to their career development, they identify their own strengths and blind spots, then work hard to improve their skills. It also involved learning about different roles and industries to find a match to their abilities, seeking out opportunities to advance, and maybe even changing careers altogether if they find a more suitable one.
What is Internship?
Field internships is a 12-week program where students get to experience the work environment of their chosen major. Students get to apply their knowledge that they learned to real life situations and problems.
The purpose of internship
The purpose of the course is to provide students with practical experience in their field of study in an organizational setting where learning and doing are the chief objectives. In addition to supplying various organizations with students that might fit their field of interest, skills, and training for possible future job placement. The course allows the students to demonstrate problem-solving skills, analyze highly complex issues with incomplete data and develop innovative solutions and proposals relevant to an academic/professional field, field of work or discipline.
What is industry project?
In case students have a 2 year full-time working experience in their field of study, they are able to apply for industry project. Industry project requires students to submit a report that demonstrates their understanding.
The purpose of industry project
The purpose of this course is to provide the working student an opportunity to develop competence in applying learned theories and gained skills to an actual business problem or issue. A student will undertake a supervised project to tackle an existing business/IS problem at his organization, explore possible causes of the problem, alternative solutions, and assess the effect(s) of each solution on the organization
Who is eligible to take industry project?
- 111 credit hours or above
- Minimum CGPA of 2.0
- Students must be working at the time of the enrollment
- Work experience must be for at least two consecutive years
- Company size must not be less than 20 employees.