FAQsJuly 26, 2022 2023-05-22 6:32
University of Dubai degree programs have been accredited by the Ministry of Education (MOE) in the UAE as well as by the best international accreditation bodies in the world: AACSB International, USA, for the College of Business Administration and ABET for the Computing and Information Systems program
The student can apply online through this link https://ud.ac.ae/apply/ or by passing by the admission department and submit the required documents.
For undergraduate programs*:
- Bachelor of Business Administration:
A minimum high school average of 70% for Advanced or Elite Track or 75% for General Track or equivalent in standardized international systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computing and Information Systems:
A minimum high school average of 70% or equivalent in Standardized International
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering:
A minimum high school average of 75% for Elite Track, or 80% for Advanced Track or equivalent in Standardized international systems
For graduate programs*:
- Master of Business Administration:
Accredited bachelor’s degree in Business with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Master of Laws
Accredited bachelor’s degree in Law with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Master of Science in Data Science
Accredited bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0
*For undergrdaute and graduate conditional acceptance, please visit the admission office or call us at +97145566877
Doctor of Philosohy (PhD):
Accredited master’s degree in Law with a minimum GPA of 3.0
No provisional admission is allowed for Doctoral programs.
Have at least 3 years of teaching experience or managerial experience.
Yes, there are. Depending on the major chosen.
Yes, English language proficiency exams are compulsory for all undergraduate and graduate programs. We do accept Academic IELTS 5, TOEFL IBT/PBT/CBT, and EmSAT. The score required depends on the program selected.
The admitted students will be contacted by the admission representatives in coordination with the academic advisors to choose courses following the respective curriculum.
CAMS is a reliable student information system for higher education that connects prospective and current students, faculty, and staff through portals to manage – admissions, registration, student records.
Please visit https://ud.ac.ae/our-students/academic-calendar/
2 regular semesters (Fall & Spring) and 2 optional semesters (Summer 1 & Summer 2)
Yes, it is. All students should abide by the university’s attendance policy.
Yes, you can. The student has to contact the registration department to request for a hold.
- College of Law
- College of Engineering & IT
- Dubai Business School
Bachelor of Business Administration in:
- Human Resources Management
- Finance and Banking
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Bachelor of Science in Computing & Information Systems:
- Information Systems Security
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering:
- Power & Energy
Specialized MBA in:
- International Business & Marketing
- Leadership & HR Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Operations & Logistics Management
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in:
Master of Science in Data Science
Master of Laws in:
- Arbitration & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Crimes & Money Laundering
Yes, it is. University of Dubai encourages students from all over the world to apply and avail a special discount if meeting the criteria.
It’s segregated. However, UD has exchange agreements with various prominent institutions worldwide.
1260 AED (inclusive of 5% VAT). This amount is non-refundable.
Yes, the university offers wide range of scholarships up to 100%. Some of the major discounts that we offer are but not limited to:
- 50% discount on undergraduate for students with high school score of 90% and above
- 35% discount on undergraduate programs for Esaad card holders and 20% on graduate programs
- 30% discount on undergraduate programs for other govt. card holders and 15% on graduate programs
- 60% for nurses and doctors working at public hospitals
- 20% – 50% for students joining from academic partners (schools we partner with)
Please visit https://ud.ac.ae/admissions/scholarships-and-discounts/ to know more about the scholarships offered.
Payment can be done in cash, cheques or via debit/credit card.
Yes, we do. Transfer students applying to UD should abide by the transfer policy.
Yes, it does yet subject to demand.
Yes, it does.
Total charges (Non-refundable)
Inside UAE (short term/long term/upon arrival visa/existing residence visa)
- The visa fee will be changed in accordance with the increase/decrease in the fee by the Dubai Naturalization and Residency Department.
- This charge will cover the following expenses for one year: administration cost, entry permit, medical fee, amendment, stamping, cancellation (if applicable) and Emirates ID card. Fees quoted are in UAE Dirhams (AED) and are subject to change.
- ** Health insurance is mandatory as per UAE Law. (Basic option only)