Students OrientationJuly 26, 2023 2023-07-26 7:50
“Orientation Course” is mandatory to all the new students joining UD (Zero Credit and free of charge).
The course will start from the second week and it will be for 3 weeks only. Check the syllabus.
Currently two sections are offered:
1- Tuesday @ 4 PM
2- Wednesday @ 1 PM
It’s important for the admission and registration team to ensure that all the new students are aligned and registered. The attendance is mandatory, missing the classes will result in “Not Passing” and therefore repeating the course next semester.
Here is a plan on what the students will learn during the 3 weeks.
Introduction and Essential Information
Students will be introduced to the university and its various sessions. The primary focus will be on familiarizing students with the campus, facilities, and resources available to them.
– Introduction to UD and the course.
– Welcoming and networking with President, Provost and Directors.
– Go through Student Handbook, policies and code of conduct
– IT Resources, Portal and Moodle access, emails and profile.
– Registration Department Intro – Missing documents, student portal and course registration
– Finance Department Intro
Campus Resources and Engagement
Students will explore into various resources and opportunities available to them on campus. The topics covered in this week include
– Introduce DSS, Student Union and Clubs
– Confucius Center
– Volunteering with UD
Beyond the Campus
Students will learn about opportunities beyond the university campus and gain insight into future endeavors.
– Summary of previous weeks, Small game to review the three weeks
– ICDC and Alumni Office
– Office of International Relations
– Micro credit courses and certificates
– Summary of all the weeks
– Short Quiz to assess their knowledge