MBA in Digital MarketingMay 11, 2023 2023-09-28 8:50
- Dubai Business School
MBA in Digital Marketing
Throughout the year
Full & Part time
Total Credit Hours
Table of Contents
|Regular Admission||Conditional Admission|
|Accredited bachelor’s degree in Business with a minimum GPA of 3.0||Accredited bachelor’s degree in any field with a GPA of 2.00 – 2.99|
|EmSAT 1400 I Academic lELTS 6.0 TOEFL (PBT 550 or IBT 79 or CBT 213)||EmSAT 1250 or Academic lELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (PBT 530 or lBT 71 or CBT 197)|
Who is the program for?
A Digital Marketing MBA program is suitable for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in digital marketing and want to gain a strong foundation in both business and digital marketing concepts. The program is designed for:
- Marketing Professionals: If you are already working in the marketing field and want to enhance your knowledge and skills specifically in digital marketing, a Digital Marketing MBA can provide you with advanced strategies and insights to excel in your current role.
- Business Professionals Transitioning to Marketing: If you have a background in other areas of business such as finance, operations, or entrepreneurship, and are looking to transition into a marketing role, a Digital Marketing MBA can equip you with the necessary marketing knowledge and skills to make that transition successful.
A Digital Marketing MBA can open up various career opportunities in the digital marketing field. Here are some potential career paths you can pursue:
- Digital Marketing Manager: As a digital marketing manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing strategies to promote products or services. This role involves overseeing digital advertising campaigns, managing social media platforms, optimizing website content, analyzing data analytics, and coordinating with cross-functional teams.
- E-commerce Manager: E-commerce managers focus on driving online sales and managing the online presence of a company. They oversee website management, optimize the user experience, implement digital marketing campaigns, and analyze performance metrics to improve conversion rates and revenue.
- Social Media Manager: Social media managers specialize in managing and growing a company’s presence on social media platforms. They develop social media strategies, create engaging content, manage social media advertising campaigns, monitor brand mentions, and analyze social media metrics to drive brand awareness and engagement.
- SEO Specialist: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) specialists optimize websites to improve their visibility and ranking on search engine results pages. They conduct keyword research, optimize website content, implement technical SEO strategies, monitor website performance, and analyze data to drive organic traffic and improve search engine rankings.
- Digital Advertising Specialist: Digital advertising specialists focus on planning, executing, and optimizing online advertising campaigns. They work with various advertising platforms such as Google Ads, social media advertising, display advertising, and video advertising. They analyze campaign performance, optimize ad targeting and placements, and manage advertising budgets to achieve marketing objectives.
- Data Analyst: Data analysts in digital marketing focus on gathering and analyzing data from various digital marketing channels to derive insights and make data-driven decisions. They create reports, conduct market research, perform customer segmentation analysis, identify trends, and provide recommendations for optimizing marketing strategies.
- Marketing Consultant: With a Digital Marketing MBA, you can also work as a marketing consultant, offering expertise and guidance to businesses seeking to improve their digital marketing efforts. You can provide strategic advice, develop marketing plans, conduct audits, and help businesses optimize their online presence.
These are just a few examples of the career paths available with a Digital Marketing MBA. The digital marketing field is constantly evolving, and there are opportunities to specialize in areas such as content marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing, influencer marketing, and more. Additionally, this degree can also provide a foundation for entrepreneurship and starting your own digital marketing agency or consultancy.
Estimated salary range
In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), MBA salaries can be quite competitive due to the country’s strong economy and prominence as a regional business hub. Here is an overview of the salary range for MBA graduates in the UAE across different industries:
- Consulting: MBA graduates working in management consulting firms in the UAE can expect starting salaries ranging from AED 20,000 to AED 35,000 per month. With experience and seniority, salaries can go up significantly, reaching AED 40,000 to AED 60,000 or more per month.
- Finance and Investment Banking: Salaries in the finance and investment banking sectors in the UAE are generally high. Entry-level salaries for MBA graduates can range from AED 18,000 to AED 30,000 per month. As professionals progress in their careers, salaries can increase to AED 40,000 to AED 60,000 or higher per month, especially in senior positions.
- Marketing and Brand Management: MBA graduates in marketing and brand management roles in the UAE can expect starting salaries ranging from AED 15,000 to AED 25,000 per month. With experience and specialization, salaries can go up to AED 30,000 to AED 45,000 per month or more.
- Technology and IT Management: Salaries for MBA graduates working in technology and IT management roles in the UAE vary depending on the industry and the size of the company. Starting salaries can range from AED 15,000 to AED 25,000 per month. With experience and expertise, salaries can increase to AED 30,000 to AED 45,000 per month or higher.
- General Management: MBA graduates entering general management positions in the UAE can expect starting salaries ranging from AED 15,000 to AED 25,000 per month. Salaries can increase significantly with experience and progression, reaching AED 30,000 to AED 45,000 per month or more.
It’s important to note that these salary ranges are approximate figures and can vary based on factors such as the company’s size and reputation, the specific job role, the candidate’s experience, and negotiation skills. Additionally, benefits such as housing allowances, health insurance, and performance-based bonuses may also be provided, which can contribute to the overall compensation package.
To get accurate and up-to-date salary information for specific industries and job roles in the UAE, it’s recommended to refer to salary surveys, job market research reports, and consult with recruitment agencies or human resources professionals specialized in the UAE job market.
Program Specification7 Core courses for each of 5 Concentrations:
|#||Code||Course Name||CH||Suggested Co-Requisites||Term Sequence|
|1||MBA 625||Business Research Methods||3||1|
|2||MBA 600||Managerial Economics||3||MBA 625||1|
|3||MBA 611||Accounting & Financing Decisions||3||MBA 625||1|
|4||MBA 606||Marketing Management||3||MBA 625||2|
|5||MBA 620||Organizational Behavior||3||MBA 625||2|
|6||MBA 641||Ethics, CSR, & Corporate Governance||3||MBA 625||2|
|7||MBA 645||Strategic Management (Capstone)||3||6 Core courses (18CH)||3|
|Total Concentration Courses (7)||21|
|#||Code||Course Name||CH||Suggested Prerequisites||Term Sequence|
|1||MRT 680||Digital Marketing Management||3||6 core 18 CH||3|
|2||MRT 682||Marketing Promotion in Digital Era||3||6 core 18 CH||3|
|3||MRT 684||E-commerce and Analytics||3||24CH||4|
|4||MRT 685||Thesis||6||24 CH||4|
|Total Concentration Courses (4)||15|
|1||MBA 625||Business Research Methods|
|2||MBA 600||Managerial Economics|
|3||MBA 606||Marketing Management|
|1||MBA 611||Accounting & Financing Decisions|
|2||MBA 620||Organizational Behavior|
|3||MBA 641||Ethics, CSR & Corporate Governance|
|1||MBA 645||Strategic Management|
|Contemporary & Sustainable Leadership|
|Digital Marketing Management|
|1||MRT 684||E-commerce and Analytics|
MBA625 Business Research Methods
This course advances students’ ability to think, adapt, build, apply, evaluate, and conduct business research in support of business decision-making. Topics include research design process, designing a research proposal, selecting the research instrument, ascertaining reliability and validity of instruments, scale measurements, sampling, and data collection methods, using and interpreting the results of univariate and multivariate statistical techniques, and writing the final report.
MBA600 Managerial Economics
The first section of the course covers essential concepts such as supply, demand elasticities and efficiencies in Industries. The subsequent section focuses on advanced topics in market analysis viz. role of externalities and imperfect/ asymmetric info, with specific reference to UAE/GCC/MEA economies.
MBA611 Accounting and Financing decisions
This course blends the use of information (financial and non-financial) for making operating and financing decisions. It links information to manage organizations and finance their activities. Topics covered include financial reporting and analysis, managing working capital, sources of financing business activities, equity analysis and valuation, risk analysis and decision-making under uncertainty, Financial planning, and capital budgeting decisions.
MBA 606 Marketing Management
This course focuses on managing the marketing functions in a dynamic, competitive environment. It introduces the students to a simulation program that gives a real-world scenario of the strategies for the achievement of competitive advantage in product, marketing information, research, consumer behavior, segmentation, the four P’s, and global marketing. StratSim Marketing is a comprehensive marketing strategy simulation based on the automobile industry that demonstrates the impact of marketing decisions on the other functional areas of the business. Marketing strategy is at the core of all decisions in the simulation. Teams target consumer segments and B2B opportunities based on market attractiveness and core competencies, using advanced marketing research techniques such as conjoint analysis, perceptual mapping, and concept testing to identify their customers’ needs and interest
MBA620 Organizational Behavior
This course provides a framework for understanding an individual’s organizational beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. This course covers how individuals and groups collaborate to achieve long-term goals, as well as the reasons for their success or failure. Finally, students will study how to govern the behavior of individuals and groups within an organization in order to fulfill organizational goals in light of the current emphasis on agility and innovation. SDG 3 is represented by one of the CLOs in this course (Good Health and Well Being).
MBA641 Ethics, CSR and Corporate Governance
In a world economy that is becoming increasingly integrated and interdependent, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. The globalization of business, the emergence of civil society organizations in many nations, and new government regulations and international agreements have significantly altered the job of managers and the nature of strategic decision making within the firm. This course draws on the latest research to address the challenges facing business organizations and their stakeholders. More specifically, this course focuses on Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Governance, ethics within the UAE and international context. It is aligned with SDG 5 Gender Equality, SDG10 Reduced Inequalities and SDG11 Sustainability
MBA645 Strategic Management
The course is designed to integrate knowledge acquired from MBA earlier 6 courses and apply it to the management of the firm at the Corporate and Strategic planning level. Hands on Simulation of business game at the MBA level and case analysis assure the student has mastered the tools, techniques, and methods of the Strategic Management Process. The course includes special topics that are of concern for the strategic competitiveness of organizations e.g., digital transformation, innovation, sustainable development, mergers & acquisitions, strategic agility and resilience, strategic foresight, etc. In this course students will act as managers making decisions that contribute to the success of a business.
MRT 681 Digital Marketing Management
The purpose of this course is to enable students to develop a good understanding of customer dynamics, in which digital marketing is influencing strategic, managerial and operational decision. The course also provides insight into how companies implement digital marketing capabilities into strategic marketing planning. The course uses macro and micro environmental analysis that enables managers to evaluate digital marketing strategies and their impact on organization performance. Students be will empowered to create digital marketing strategies responding to various market needs. Various digital marketing strategies and digital channels will be evaluated to achieve sustainable business objectives.
MRT 684 Marketing Promotion in Digital Era
The purpose of this course is to enable students to develop a understanding of consumer dynamics in which traditional promotion mix and social media platforms influence marketing strategic, managerial and operational decisions. Initially, the course lays a foundation of the traditional promotion mix, and subsequently extend it to social media platforms and internet tools & techniques to accomplish marketing, communication and promotion objectives. The course integrates Integrated marketing communication (IMC) strategies (traditional and digital) as a critical success factor in marketing and help students build up knowledge and skills to develop effective marketing communication strategies focusing on target audience. Students will be equipped with the relevant knowledge, perspectives, and practical skills required to develop IMC strategies that leverage the opportunities inherited in traditional and social media platforms for achieving marketing communication and promotion goals.
MRT 681 E-commerce and Analytics
This course provides the tools, skills and understanding of technological concepts and issues surrounding the emergence and future directions of electronic business practices, with a strong focus on electronic commerce initiatives. The student develops an understanding of the current business models, strategies and opportunities in electronic marketing, communication, distribution, collaboration, and online payment options. Data is important for understanding different trends in businesses. This course also provides essential information on the use of data to measure effectiveness of several digital marketing activities and tools used by marketers. It also focusses on the techniques used for measuring segmenting, targeting, branding, new product development, advertising, pricing and distribution. The course would encompass an applied part allowing students to use basic data analytics software to use most common data analytics techniques to solve marketing problems.
MRT 685 Digital Marketing Thesis
Typically serving as the culminating experience in the MBA program, the thesis bridges academic study and professional practice, applying the skills gained from the MBA to real-world business management and research. The MBA thesis will give students the opportunity to explore and integrate aspects of theory or methods, knowledge and skills, acquired along the first year of the MBA program. The thesis is an individual assignment that is linked to a practical issue in an existing business, or to the start-up of a new business. Students are expected to propose the research problem after reviewing the literature on a topic of their interest, formulate the research objectives, research questions and develop the relevant research hypothesis. Students need to describe the oretical framework, design a suitable methodology, gather and analyze information, draw logical conclusions and managerial/policy implications in the field of Digital Marketing.